Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mike Reviews the Samsung ToC T220.

One of the things I like about this monitor is that, in addition to it being fast, having a good resolution, vibrant color, yada yada yada, is that it's pretty stylish. It's sort of a solid black that fades to translucent red near the bottom, under another clear part to make it extra shiny (like a PSP, sort of). There's five control buttons on the right side of the monitor, behind the clear panel and out of sight. The power button isn't even a button. There's just a spot on the screen you can touch to turn it on and off. When it's on, there's a reddish glow underneath that spot that you can almost see in the previous post. Another nice thing is that there's a plastic clip that holds the power, DVI, and center speaker cable neatly behind the monitor's stand. Too bad, the cables going back up to the computer aren't tucked away as neatly. For the most part, those details are lost in the other picture, because of the light from the monitor. So, I decided to post another picture.

I'm not going to write a long review. More technical details can be found in the previous post. I will say that you can't see from my pictures how nice the picture is on this thing. It really has to be seen to be believed.

Bottom line, this is the absolute best monitor on the market under $300.

Final Score: A+

2 comments:

science412 said...

The freaky thing about this photo is that it looks like you're staring out of The Ring. Just further proof that your apartment is haunted. I told you!

Mike said...

Eep!